Conquest | BITS Pilani
BITS Pilani will be organizing Conquest, an international startup conclave. The main aim of this event is to encourage entrepreneurship. They specifically mention that it is not about ideas but about making ideas happen. Other than catering to all the needs of a startup, needs such as, IP filing, expert mentoring and networking sessions, incubation opportunities, Angel investors and leading Venture Capitalists, it is the perfect platform to launch a groundbreaking idea.
This isn’t the first time this event is being launched, and here are a few stories of the event in the past.
- All ten of the finalists at Conquest 2013 are currently successfully registered ventures. iTraveller (Runner up-Conquest 2013) raised $100K immediately after Conquest in 2013 and recently a million dollar as series-A.
- PosterGully (Finalist-Conquest 2012) got incubated at The Hatch and has grown ever since.
- Gharpay, the Conquest 2011 runner-up, was funded by Sequoia Capital just after months of starting up and is presently India’s biggest doorstep cash payment solution.
- Other startups produced by Conquest include Mobile Medics acquired by Piramal Healthcare in 2008
- iViz Security raised $2.5 million in funding in 2008,
- One of NASSCOM’s ‘Top 4 Emerging Product Companies’ & a big name in security solutions today, NewDigmHealthcare was funded by various govt. schemes to carry out low-cost healthcare projects in Tamil Nadu.
The last time Conquest was organized, they offered three lakh in equity-less seed money and over a million dollars in services, licenses and incubation opportunities. The resource pool for the finalists for this years event has already crossed 2 crores and are expected to break previous records.
Just two steps to complete the registration process
Step One: Registration will consist of short questionnaire
Step Two: Will consist of elaborate answers to questions.
Selected teams will be allowed to choose their own mentors, in various cities across the country. The finale will be a two day event with networking sessions and workshops, followed by a rare opportunity to pitch to the biggest venture capital firms across the country.
Registration for participation closes on 7th of May. For further details check out the website: